Install dotOS 3.0 Pie on Xiaomi Redmi 4X – The Xiaomi Redmi 4X features a 5.0-inches display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm MSM8940 Snapdragon 435 processor coupled with 2/3/4GB of RAM. The phone packs 16/32/64GB internal memory. The camera on the Redmi 4X comes with Dual 13MP and 5MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Po 4100 mAh battery. It also has a fingerprint sensor on the back.
The phone launching of the box with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and later upgrade to Android 7.1.2 Nougat. Recently this device has officially received the Android 90 Pie. If you are a fan of Custom ROM, then you can try the latest Custom ROM dotOS on Redmi 4X. The ROM is based on the latest AOSP Android 9.0 Pie and currently unofficial. You can simply follow this guide to install the dotOS on Xiaomi Redmi 4X (santoni).
We are happy to announce DotOS 3.0 with the latest release of Android Pie 9.0. we have been working hard to bring something new and unique. however, most of the features are added back from oreo and we’ll further add new features based on the user’s requests.
What is dotOS
dotOS is an Android ROM which focuses on performance and stability. We focus on making our rom look and feel great without struggling on Performance and Battery. The ROM is developed by XDA Senior member Swapnil Soni, in XDA forum. The main developer behind the dotOS community and team members are: rainforce279 and HarukeyUA. The ROM brings many new tweaks and features and also merged some features from Best Custom ROM.
Whether you are installing Custom ROM for the first time or you already installed any custom ROM on your phone. Then give a try on the latest Custom ROM called dotOS. The ROM brings many cool features and aims to deliver the best performance and stability. Yes! the developer behind the dotOS focuses on Performance and Battery! So that one can get most out of your device.
What is Android 9.0 Pie
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Features of dotOS
- Battery Icon Style
- Clock and Date
- Statusbar icons
- Brightness Control
- Show 4G icon instead LTE
- Roaming Indicator
- Battery Bar Customisation
- Status Bar Gestures
- Volte Icon Toggle
- Wake up on charge plugged/unplugged
- Show DotOS logo on statusbar
Navigation Bar :
- Navbar modes(Stock, Smartbar, Fling)
- Smartbar tweaks
- Navbar Pulse
- Fling mode gestures
- All DUI nav tweaks
Quick Settings :
- Brightness slider toggle
- Titles visibility
- Tiles track accent color toggle
- Qs panel Opacity
- Vibrate when touching QS tiles
- Rows and columns tweaks
- Toggle to switch between pie and oreo recents
- Double-tap to sleep
- Lockscreen Tuner
- Charging info
- Lockscreen shortcuts
- Media cover art toggle
- Lockscreen Visualizer
- Lockscreen clock widgets
- Face auto unlock
- Fingerprint Authentication Vibration
- Ambient Music Ticker
- Lockscreen visualizer
- Lockscreen Weather
- Powermenu tweaks
- Powermenu Visibility on lockscreen
- Backlight Customisation
- H/W keys customization
- Volume button tweaks
- 3 finger swipe Screenshot guesture
- Battery light charging customisations
- Toast app icon switch
System wide themes :
- Accent Color Manager – Fruity pebbles
- Qs panel Customisation
- Neo theme
- Ablity to reset Battery Stats
- Switch to disable Screenshot sound
- Auto Call Recording
- Set ringtone for each sim slot
- Switch to disable/enable Dashboard suggestions
- Digital Wellbeing Preinstalled
Unlock Bootloader Xiaomi Redmi 4X
In order to set up TWRP and install ROM Xiaomi Redmi 4X, then you have to unlock the bootloader. If you’ve already done it, then you can head over straight to the guide below, otherwise, you are able to follow our comprehensive manual to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Devices.
- You Should Have TWRP installed on your own Xiaomi Redmi 4X (santoni).
- Make certain your device has sufficient charge left onto it so it will not get turned off throughout the process; 50 percent of charge is suggested.
- Make certain to download all of the necessary files in the downloads section below.
- Follow the manual carefully and be certain that you don’t skip any steps. Passing up the steps may leave your device unusable.
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed in your phone. So be sure that you Backup your phone using TWRP before doing this measure using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
Before you go down to the guide Xiaomi Redmi 4X, then make sure to fulfill the prerequisites.
- How to Root Xiaomi Redmi 4x
- Download Resurrection Remix on Xiaomi Redmi 4x (Android 9.0)
- Download dotOS 3.0 on Xiaomi Redmi 4X (Android 9.0)
- Download Pixel Experience on Xiaomi Redmi 4x (Android 9.0 Pie)
- Download AospExtended ROM on Xiaomi Redmi 4x
- Download Havoc OS on Xiaomi Redmi 4X (Android 9.0 Pie)
Note: Pico, Nano or Micro Gapps are recommended. We don’t prefer STOCK/HEAVY Gapps.
How to Install dotOS 3.0 Pie on Xiaomi Redmi 4X
- First of all, Copy the dotOS 3.0 and Gapps zip file to internal storage
- Boot your device right into TWRP Recovery.
- Tap on Wipe, then tap again tap on Advanced Wipe.
- Select these options: Dalvik /ART Cache, System, Data, and Cache. Make sure Internal Storage is NOT selected.
- Then Swipe to Wipe
- Go back to TWRP main menu, then tap the Install choice and pick the dotOS 3.0 zip file which you moved to your device before.
- After picking out the .zip file, then enable Swipe to verify Flash onto the bottom of the display to start the custom ROM setup process. Be patient as this may take a while.
- Now back to TWRP main menu, tap on Install choice and pick the Gapps
- One of the aforementioned action finishes, hit the Back button on screen and then pick Reboot System.
You’re done! Your device have installed dotOS 3.0 Pie on Xiaomi Redmi 4X and now will reboot with the custom ROM that you flashed. It might take some time to rebuild cache and finish boot since it is the first reboot after the custom flash. Do not panic if it takes a bit longer for the Reboot process to complete.