How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 – Xiaomi Redmi note 4 smartphone has been launched in August 2016. The phone includes a 5.50-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 1920 pixels in a PPI of 401 pixels per inch. Xiaomi Redmi note 4 prices in India begins from Rs. 8,999.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 is powered by a 2GHz octa-core chip as it includes 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 64GB of storage which may be enlarged up to 128GB by means of a card. So far as the cameras are involved, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 packs a 13-megapixel (f/2.0, 1.12-micron) principal camera on the back along with a 5-megapixel front shooter for selfies.
It steps 151.00 x 76.00 x 8.30 (height x width x thickness) and weighs only 175.00 g.
The very best way in which the best results can be obtained by you would be using a system. And since the Xiaomi Redmi note 4 is one of the best budget-based Android Nougat that I strongly suggest that you to root its internal system in order to unleash its potential.
So, as you can tell, during the traces from under I will show you the way to gain root access in your Xiaomi Redmi note 4.
Gaining root access on Xiaomi Redmi note 4 is possible thanks to people of xda-developers. We have to thank them. Ensuring origin is tricky but if you follow exactly the guidelines from below you have nothing to be worried about as you will see.
However, I must recommend this manual just for the advanced / experienced Android consumers shortly, if you’re a newbie maybe it’ll be better to start the tweaking process with different operations – a fantastic idea is to begin by learning the basics: booting into recovery mode, which makes a hard reset, clearing app info cache and so on.
Android core system can’t be processes that are official. That’s why the root operation is not supported by your provider or from your OEM. And also that is why if you will choose to restart the instructions from down below you are going to lose your smartphone’s warranty.
This is the major drawback as Though you will have to take back your phone you will have to pay for the additional help or to get the assistance.
Why Should You Root Redmi Note 4?
That is the question that is interesting! If you’re an Android need and geek some modification from the UI of all Xiaomi’s MIUI installing Custom ROMs is the option. The custom recovery permits the Custom ROMs of your choice to flash . Let us check out you should we Root Redmi note 4.
- Install Custom Recovery
- Install Custom ROMs
- Eliminate Bloatware (Unwanted System Software )
- Changing Fonts on MIUI 8/9
On Xiaomi Redmi note 4 you can gain root access by using this tutorial if you first Look after some Added things — you’ve Got all it listed and detailed during the next lines:
- First and foremost, make sure that you take a full backup of all the data on your mobile phone. Including everything else, contacts, along with messages which you feel needed. In addition, we have a tutorial which can allow you to backup your data with ease.
- Charge your device if that’s necessarily — if the power that is left is now lower than 50% the best is to plug in the charger first.
- Then enable USB debugging: To do so, go to the device Settings -> About Phone. Then tap the MIUI variant always until “You are a developer!” Message appears on the monitor.
- Additionally, enable OEM Unlocking in Developer Options. For that, go to Settings -> Aditional settings and tap “Developer options“. Scroll down and enable the OEM Unlocking toggle.
- Make Certain to install Android platform-tools on the PC. Here’s a quick guide on how to do it. If you’d prefer a more straightforward strategy, then you can utilize Minimal ADB and Fastboot tool.
Before you go down to the guide and root Xiaomi Redmi note 4, then make sure to fulfill the prerequisites.
Unlock Bootloader Xiaomi Redmi note 4
In order to set up TWRP and root Xiaomi Redmi note 4, then you have to unlock the bootloader. If you’ve already done it, then you can head over straight to the guide below, otherwise, you are able to follow our comprehensive manual to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Devices.
- Latest Magisk Installer zip: Magisk v18.1.zip.
- Download TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Redmi Note 4. Rename to “twrp.img“
How to Install TWRP Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 via ADB Fastboot
- Open adb fastboot folder in c:/adb
- Copy TWRP file and paste to c:/adb
- Then turn off your phone, then enter to fastboot mode, steps: Press Power + Volume Down (-) at your device, then connect your device to pc via usb cable.
- Next back to c:/adb. Press Shift+Right Click and Select Open Command Window Here.
- Enter the following Command: fastboot devices in cmd, to show serial number of your device, if you have displayed the serial number, it means that your mobile is well connected to the computer.
- Enter the following Command: fastbot set_active b.
- Enter the following Command: fasboot flash recovery.img and hit enter, this command for starting flashing TWRP Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, then wait until show Okay.
- Power off device, to enter twrp mode Press Power + Volume Down (+) at your device.
- Now, swipe right (Swipe to Allow Modifications) so that TWRP is installed permanently.
You’ve successfully installed TWRP; The only thing left now is to root Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 that’s the next and final step.
How to Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
- Be sure to have read the ‘Requirements‘ Section obviously.
- Download all the required files in the downloads section over.
- Copy the Magisk Zip file along file for your device.
- Boot your device right into TWRP Recovery.
- Tap on ‘Wipe’, then tap again tap on ‘Advanced Wipe’.
- Select these options: Dalvik /ART Cache, System, Data, and Cache. Make sure Internal Storage is NOT selected.
- Then ‘Swipe to Wipe’
- Go back to TWRP main menu, then tap the “Install” choice and pick the Magisk.zip file which you moved to your device before.
- After picking out the .zip file, then enable “Swipe to verify Flash” onto the bottom of the display to start the custom ROM setup process. Be patient as this may take a while.
- One of the aforementioned action finishes, hit the “Back” button on screen and then pick “Reboot System”.
Set it up like a new device, after it’s rebooted. You should now visit Magisk Manager one of your applications. That’s it. You must now have full root access in your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4. If you wish to confirm if your device was successfully rooted, download and operate the Root Checker app from the Play Store.
Having TWRP installed, you can flash custom packages/flashable ZIP files onto your phone or utilize it backup/restore the entire OS. On the flip side, root provides you the capacity to conduct root-enabled apps, install and use mods such as ViPER4Android OR Dolby Atmos and much more.
You found our step-by-step guide about how and origin Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 useful. In case you confront any issues during the process or have any questions, do feel free to let us know via the comments section below, and we’ll do our very best to give you a hand. Enjoy your rooted Xiaomi Redmi Note 4!