The builds for the Xiaomi Mi 5, Xiaomi Mi 6, Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S, and Xiaomi Mi Note 2 are based on Android 8.0 Oreo while the build for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro is based on Android 8.1 Oreo. Once you flash these builds, you should be on the latest May security patches. We’re not sure if you’ll receive OTA updates to stable releases, but it should be easy to sideload future updates in the same way you’re installing these builds.
The last thing we should note is that the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro build is actually from the Chinese Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (not to be confused with the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 released in India which is known as the Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus in China); according to users on our forums, it should still work just fine.
Why only these devices? Well, MIUI 10 isn’t publicly available yet. ROMs for these devices have leaked online which is how we’re able to install them right now, but if you own one of the other devices poised to receive an update to MIUI 10 you’ll have to wait for a ROM to leak or for Xiaomi to release a build. As a reminder, the following devices are in closed beta testing for the ROM right now with a public beta to follow later this month.
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
- Xiaomi Mi 5
- Xiaomi Mi 6
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Xiaomi Mi Note 2
- TWRP for the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
- TWRP for the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
- TWRP for the Xiaomi Mi 5
- TWRP for the Xiaomi Mi 6
- TWRP for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
- TWRP for the Xiaomi Mi Note 2
Download MIUI 10
- MIUI 10 for the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
- MIUI 10 for the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
- MIUI 10 for the Xiaomi Mi 5
- MIUI 10 for the Xiaomi Mi 6
- MIUI 10 for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
- MIUI 10 for the Xiaomi Mi Note 2
How to Install MIUI 10 on Xiaomi Device
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on your computer if you haven’t already.
- Connect your phone to your PC with USB.
- Transfer the MIUI 10 ROM and GApps package to your device.
- Reboot to the bootloader by powering off your phone and holding down the power key and volume down keys simultaneously.
- Boot TWRP on your device with the following command:
fastboot boot /path/to/twrp.img(Replace /path/to/twrp.img with the actual filename and the location where you stored it).
- Once you have booted into TWRP, tap on Wipe and then swipe to factory reset to do a factory reset. This may not be necessary if you’re already on the MIUI 9 China Stable or Developer ROMs, but it’ll very likely be necessary if you’re on the MIUI 9 Global ROMs.
- Back to homescreen twrp tap on Install and find where you stored the MIUI 10 ROM.
- Tap back and then flash the Gapps.
- Flashing has completed, tap on reboot system and you should boot into MIUI 10!
- Done, you have success Install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovey, If you discovered any problems while installing the rom. You may ask us in the comment section below or XDA Forum.