Xiaomi Poco F1 might be working on the powerful Chipset on the market, but can it be a true flagship killer as OnePlus used to be? The cost tag is reduced actually lower than any other phone that comes packaged with all the Snapdragon 845 processor, though there are a few downsides to consider mainly related or using the display quality.
The Poco F1 is a great deal if you would like a quick answer from your own Android phone, so that’s why we decided to keep you posted with issues related with support.
It’s always best to have tweaking options at your disposal, particularly when high-end devices are concerned, and starting with a custom recovery image is, in that respect, mandatory. Well, talking of this will be here to instruct you how you can set up the latest build of TWRP recovery on your own Xiaomi Poco F1. Therefore we will see the recovery environment can be replaced with a custom platform that could support optimizations initiatives and Android customizations.
What is TWRP Recovery
TWRP recovery is a custom recovery img designed by third party devs. The objective is to ensure a software which may be used without dealing with factory or default restrictions and through which the Android core system personalized and could be modified.
That is why, when TWRP recovery is installed on your Xiaomi Poco F1 you can choose to tweak the Android UI for enhancing performance and for getting results from the powerful smartphone. In a few words, after caring for the steps that detailed and are explained below you will be able to personalize your phones through tweaks.
If from stock recovery it is possible to apply only official operations (for instance, making a hard reset, applying OTAs or clearing app data cache), from TWRP recovery you will be able to do a lot longer – for example it’s possible to use the custom recovery image for gaining root access in your own Xiaomi Poco F1; for creating Nandroid backups; for removing bloatware; for incorporating new kernels and MODs; for installing custom ROMs like Lineage OS, AOKP or Paranoid Android; for overclocking CPU frequencies; for installing custom programs from different resources than Google Play and more else.
TWRP recovery is based on CWM recovery and features a interface. The custom recovery app is totally stable and can guide you through tweaks as it comes with attributes and settings. The point is, even a newbie will be able to learn how to use TWRP recovery on his Xiaomi Poco F1.
But, before Going towards the flashing steps Which are detailed below, you have to review and apply the that are shortly explained during the list:
- You need to unlock the Xiaomi Poco F1 bootloader first as the custom made recovery image can’t be applied.
- You first need to make a backup for averting any unexpected unpleasant situations – your data might get corrupted or erased while TWRP recovery is installed.
- In Your Xiaomi Poco F1 you are able to use built in cloud storage solutions for fast saving essential stuffs; furthermore, you can sync files with your Google Account or you can use more intricate backup and restore apps from Google Play.
- Throughout the backup process make sure you secure the most important files such as your contacts, call logs, texts, pictures, videos, audio files, market apps, internet settings, calendar information, saved passwords, IMEI / NVRAM data and other packages which may be still required later.
- In your smartphone you must access Developer Options; when this entry isn’t shown under General Settings, you first have to: go to About Phone and tap repeatedly (for 7 or 10 times) on Built Number – tap until the ‘you are a developer’ message is returned from the Android system.
- On your phone, from Developer Options, You Need to check That the USB Debugging Feature.
- Charge your smartphone or it may get turned off during the TWRP recovery rooting process – if a sudden shut down occurs, different soft related problems may be caused so you can end up in soft-bricking your own Xiaomi Poco F1.
- As a general recommendation, you must plug into the charger in the event the energy left is now lower than 60%.
Do note that replacing the stock recovery image with TWRP recovery is not a formal process. For this reason, you cannot associate this tutorial together with Google and with your OEM. Therefore, as a conclusion you must know about one particular aspect: if you opt to install TWRP recovery you are going to lose your Xiaomi Poco F1 guarantee – the warranty flag could be restored only if you decide to reinstall the inventory Android OS, scenario during which the stock recovery will be reinstalled and the bootloader will be relocked.
Great; you can now successfully start the installation process:
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Poco F1
Step 1 – On your Personal Computer access this link and Get/Download the TWRP recovery File.
Step 2 – Save the recovery file into your desktop and rename it into ‘recovery.img’. Transfer the package within the Android SDK folder.
Step 3 – Now, on your computer access this page and get the drive encryption disabler package; you have to transfer this file onto your smartphone, so join your device with your PC through USB cable for completing this copy-paste process.
Step 4 – Reboot fastboot mode on your Xiaomi Poco F1 then reconnect your handset with your PC.
Step 5 – So in your pc, access the Android SDK folder and from there open a cmd window, hold down the Shift computer keyboard and right click any blank space; then choose ‘open command prompt window ‘.
Step 6 – In this cmd window type ‘fastboot flash recovery recovery.img’ and press Enter.
Step 7 – Once completed, unplug the USB cable from your PC and reboot recovery mode on your Xiaomi Poco F1.
Step 8 – If you are asked to ‘Keep System Read only?’ Tap ‘Read Only’.
Step 9 – In recovery tap Install and load the drive encryption disabler bundle; swipe in order to initiate the installation process.
Step 10 – When done, return to main menu of retrieval and select ‘reboot system now’.
That’s the performance that applied if you would like to run a custom recovery img on your Xiaomi Poco F1 and has to be followed. You can boot to TWRP recovery easily, using our dedicated and intricate tutorial from here.
In the end, let us understand how the operation functioned for you. Also, tell us the tweaks which you intend to apply on your smartphone and the results which you aspire to get – you can quickly and easily get in touch with our Android community by using the comments field from below. And, of course, when we can, we’ll attempt to assist you with step-by-step guides and along with other Android related tips and tips compatible with your Xiaomi Poco F1. Love and stay close:).