Install Lineage OS 15.1 Xiaomi Mi A1 – Mi A1 smartphone was launched in September 2017. The phone includes a 5.50-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 1920 pixels. Mi A1 price in India starts from Rs. 12,690.
The Mi A1 is powered by a 2GHz Oct-core chip and it comes with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 64GB of storage which may be expanded up to 128GB by means of a card. So far as the cameras are involved, the Mi A1 packs a front shooter for selfies and a camera on the rear.
The Mi A1 runs Android 7.1.2 and can be powered by a 3080mAh non removable battery. It measures 155.40 x 75.80 x 7.30 (height x width x thickness) and weighs 165.00 grams.
If you’d like to try Lineage OS 15.1 to get Xiaomi Mi A1 phone, then you want to unlock Bootloader and should have the latest TWRP Recovery on your phone. You ought to have the latest TWRP Recovery running to flash the Custom ROM. We have already shared equally unlocking and TWRP setup guide for Xiaomi Mi A1 (tissue). Before we dive into the setup procedure, let’s know about the Lineage OS 15.1 and its characteristic.
About Lineage OS 15.1 and their feature?
Together with the official Android 8.1 features, the Lineage OS 15.1 also brings a lot of features and customization option which lets using your phone past the Stock Firmware attribute. Lineage OS among the well-known aftermarket firmware. In the Android world, Lineage OS is the custom ROM constructed with lots of capabilities that are new. The official Lineage OS 15.1 for Xiaomi Mi A1 scheduled using a weekly and nightly update.
Feature of Lineage OS 15.1:
- Extra Ambient screen features
- Picture modification
- RGB colour calibration settings
- Screen color temperature customization
- LED Notification mild configurations (Customize)
- Customize Touchscreen gestures
- Performance profiles to conserve battery and enhance the rate
- Lockscreen Customization option
- FlipFlap – smart pay service
- Privacy Guard–control app permissions
- Customize the size of the lock display pattern
- Fast Settings Customization
- Status Bar Customization such as Double tap to sleep, Clock Settings, Show network traffic and Status bar tuner
- SystemUI Customization
- Buttons/Navigation Bar
- Calls and Audio/Ringtone customization.
- And other miscellaneous feature.
How to Install Lineage OS 15.1(Official) for Xiaomi Mi A1:
If you’re installing custom ROM for the first time, then you must first read the difference between Custom ROM and Stock ROM. We understand you’d need to make certain your installation process go as smooth as possible. Before we really jump to the installation process of Lineage OS 15.1 ROM on Xiaomi Mi A1, let’s have a look below at how to backup all your data . When installing this 8.1.0 Oreo based custom ROM, you are wiping all of your data and system — such as a brand new phone.
As a Xiaomi Mi A1 (tissue) user, you have many alternatives to choose from based on how you want to store your own data. These are the some of the advice given below we want you to keep in mind and then proceed Like we said, this ROM is based on Android 8.1 Oreo. Here’s the quick recap of what is on Android 8.1 Oreo.
What’s on Android 8.1 Oreo?
It is an update that builds a number of the features found in Oreo’s first version out, but there is plenty worth checking out. This doesn’t mean Android 8.1 doesn’t incorporate the new feature because it will. Here are all the features of Android Oreo [8.0/8.1]
Features of Android Oreo:
- Notifications Shades (8.0)
- Picture In A Picture (8.0)
- Multi-Display Service (8.0)
- Computer Keyboard Navigation (8.0)
- Wallpaper Limitations (8.0)
- New Wi-Fi Features (8.0)
- Much Better Icons (8.0)
- Autofill (8.0)
- Cheeseburger Emoji (8.1)
- Neural Networks API (8.1)
- Pixel Visual Core co-processing technology to third party developers (8.1)
- and many more
- First and foremost, make sure that you take a full backup of all the data on your mobile phone. Including everything else, contacts, along with messages which you feel needed. In addition, we have a tutorial which can allow you to backup your data with ease.
- Charge your device if that’s necessarily — if the power that is left is now lower than 50% the best is to plug in the charger first.
- Then enable USB debugging: To do so, go to the device Settings -> About Phone. Then tap the MIUI variant always until “You are a developer!” Message appears on the monitor.
- Additionally, enable OEM Unlocking in Developer Options. For that, go to Settings -> Aditional settings and tap “Developer options“. Scroll down and enable the OEM Unlocking toggle.
- Make Certain to install Android platform-tools on the PC. Here’s a quick guide on how to do it. If you’d prefer a more straightforward strategy, then you can utilize Minimal ADB and Fastboot tool.
- Custom Recovery: You should have any Custom Recovery to install this ROM on your phone.
- Here in this guide, we used TWRP Recovery Clear Dalvik Cache: Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from the Recovery Mode.
Before you go down to the guide, then make sure to fulfill the prerequisites.
Unlock Bootloader Xiaomi Mi A1
In order to install TWRP and root Xiaomi Mi A1, then you have to unlock the bootloader. If you’ve already done it, then you can head over straight to the guide below, otherwise, you are able to follow our comprehensive manual to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Devices.
- Download TWRP Xiaomi Mi A1, then rename its to “twrp.img“.
- Download LineageOS 15.1 (Oreo).
- Download Gapps (Google Apps).
How to Install TWRP Xiaomi Mi A1 via ADB Fastboot
- Open adb fastboot folder in c:/adb
- Copy TWRP file and paste to c:/adb
- Then turn off your phone, then enter to fastboot mode, steps: Press Power + Volume Down (-) at your device, then connect your device to pc via usb cable.
- Next back to c:/adb. Press Shift+Right Click and Select Open Command Window Here.
- Enter the following Command: fastboot devices in cmd, to show serial number of your device, if you have displayed the serial number, it means that your mobile is well connected to the computer.
- Enter the following Command: fastbot set_active b.
- Enter the following Command: fasboot flash recovery.img and hit enter, this command for starting flashing TWRP Xiaomi Mi A1, then wait until show Okay.
- Power off device, to enter twrp mode Press Power + Volume Down (+) at your device.
- Now, swipe right (Swipe to Allow Modifications) so that TWRP is installed permanently.
You’ve successfully installed TWRP; The only thing left now is to install Lineageos 15.1 on Xiaomi Mi A1 that’s the next and final step.
How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 on Xiaomi Mi A1
- Reboot your phone into twrp mode.
- From the TWRP main menu, then tap the “Install” choice and pick the lineage os 15.1.zip file which you moved to your device before
- After picking out the .zip file, then enable “Swipe to verify Flash” onto the bottom of the display to start the custom ROM setup process. Be patient as this may take a while.
- Then flash Gapps, then tap the “Install” choice and pick the Gapps.zip file which you moved to your device before, then “Swipe to verity Flash“.
- When your custom ROM and Gapss is successfully flashed, you will observe that the “Wipe cache/Dalvik” choice, choose it and then enable “Swipe to wipe” in the base of the display.
- One of the aforementioned action finishes, hit the “Back” button on screen and then pick “Reboot System.
you’re done! Your device will now reboot with the custom ROM that you flashed. It might take some time to rebuild cache and finish boot since it is the first reboot after the custom flash. Do not panic if it takes a bit longer for the Reboot process to complete.