LineageOS Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus (Android 8.1) – Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus smartphone has been launched in September 2016. The phone comes with a 5.70-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080×1920 pixels at a pixel density of 386 pixels per inch (ppi).
Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus is powered with a 2.35GHz quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 chip. The Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus runs Android and is powered by a 3,800mAh non-removable battery. So far as the cameras are involved, the Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus about the trunk packs 13-megapixel camera. It sports a 4-megapixel camera on the front for selfies.
The Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus runs MIUI based on packs and Android 64GB of inbuilt storage. The Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus is a dual-SIM (GSM and GSM) smartphone which accepts Nano-SIM and Nano-SIM cards.
This resulted in the creation of a massive developer community for Xiaomi Mi 5s plus, even though Xiaomi has not yet officially released the latest version of Android Oreo 8.0 update to these devices, the developers have already released an unofficial version of LineageOS 15.1 custom ROM that’s predicated on Android Oreo 8.0.
Google most recently launched Android Oreo 8.1 that is the latest and the safest version of Android yet. It comes with several interesting features like picture in picture style, lockscreen shortcuts, application notification badges and a lot of desktop optimizations.
While only the Google Pixel as well as the Nexus phones have obtained the official upgrade to Android Oreo as of now, you can manually install it in your Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus by flashing the LineageOS 15.1 Custom ROM.
However, before flashing this custom ROM in your phone, you need to keep in mind that this is simply an unofficial construct and it is still in the early stages of development. So, some features and apps may not function as expected in this ROM and it may not be suitable to use as a daily driver nonetheless. However, you may install it to test out the new features and experience the most recent version of Android Oreo 8.0.
What is Lineage OS
Lineage OS is an Open source OS based on Android. This Lineage OS ROM is used by a lot of Android users. This Operating system belongs to the famed custom ROM Cyanogen Mod and it was first introduced in the month of December in 2016. It built to support Android 8.x Nougat (Currently Android 9 Pie ROM), whereas ROM Kernel is Linux 3.10.x along with the ROM relies on CyanogenMod.
There’s a reason so many people love LineageOS, and it is not just for each of the features we listed above. It is because they take device stability seriously, and have gone up to requiring their members to abide by a strict set of requirements outlined in the Device Service Requirements Charter.
Should you own a supported device and select to flash an official build of LineageOS, you can be rest assured that your device will probably be running stable applications that is also kept up to date against serious security vulnerabilities–perhaps well beyond the conclusion of official manufacturer support.
I went through and gave a few reasons why it is worth having LineageOS on your own device, but a few of you might be trying to find the full feature list until you commit to installing this ROM in your apparatus. Below, we have compiled a listing of features in LineageOS as well as screenshots showing off each quality which might be available on your device’s build.
The latest Lineage OS 15.1 for Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus is going to be based on Android 8.1 Oreo. And also to Flash LineageOS ROM, you need Universal Bootloader and Modem packages.
We would like to thank LuK1337, Old Member over Xda for Sharing and Developing the Android 9.0 Pie-based Resurrection Remix OS ROM For Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus. According to the developer, the ROM is very stable and may be used as a daily driver. Follow the guide to Install Pixel Experience on Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus (Android 9.0). If you want more information about the ROM, then please see the official Xda thread here.
What is Android 8.1 Oreo
Android 8.1 Oreo is an incremental update that builds out some of the newest features found in the very first version of Oreo, but there is plenty worth checking out. Here is everything that’s new in Android 8.1 and key details on installing the most recent version of Android O.
Android 8.1 Oreo was designed to improve on the shortcomings of Android 8.0 Oreo — however that is not to imply it doesn’t bring any new features to the table, because it does.
The most notable addition is a refreshed cheeseburger emoji. Yes, you read that right. Google CEO Sundar Pichai really made good on his comical guarantee to redesign the icon, placing the cheese (correctly) over the beef patty. And the other major change is the accompanying beer is currently full, instead of half-empty.
LineageOS Android 8.1 features
Finally, Google gathered the newest iteration of all Android OS called Android 8.1 Pie. This provides many new features and improvements such as:
- New Gesture Navigation
- Adaptive Battery and Brightness
- App Actions
- Dark Mode and Text Selection
- Volume and Sound Improvements
- Improved Security Features
- Digital Wellbeing
- Easier Screen Rotation
Unlock Bootloader Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus
In order to set up TWRP and install ROM Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus, then you have to unlock the bootloader. If you’ve already done it, then you can head over straight to the guide below, otherwise, you are able to follow our comprehensive manual to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Devices.
Rooting your own Android device, Installing TWRP or even Custom ROM are pretty high level stuff. If you aren’t certain what you’re doing, then it’s most likely not just a great idea to complete it. It’s advised to have a copy of your data before proceeding with such pursuits. The writer of this guide or Neutralday.com will be held responsible should anything happen to a device.
- You Should Have TWRP installed on your own Xiaomi 5s Plus.
- Make certain your device has sufficient charge left onto it so it will not get turned off throughout the process; 50 percent of charge is suggested.
- Make certain to download all of the necessary files in the downloads section below.
- Follow the manual carefully and be certain that you don’t skip any steps. Passing up the steps may leave your device unusable.
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed in your phone. So be sure that you Backup your phone using TWRP before doing this measure using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
Follow the guide carefully and be sure that you don’t skip any steps. Passing up the steps will render your device unusable.
How to Install Lineage OS on Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus
- Be sure to have read the ‘Requirements‘ Section obviously.
- Download all the required files in the downloads section over.
- Copy the Lineage OS Zip file along file for your device.
- Boot your device right into TWRP Recovery.
- Tap on ‘Wipe’, then tap again tap on ‘Advanced Wipe’.
- Select these options: Dalvik /ART Cache, System, Data, and Cache, make sure your internal storage is not selected.
- Then ‘Swipe to Wipe’.
- Go back to TWRP main menu, then tap the “Install” choice and pick the LineageOS.zip file which you moved to your device before.
- After picking out the .zip file, then enable “Swipe to verify Flash” onto the bottom of the display to start the custom ROM setup process. Be patient as this may take a while.
- To flash Gapps, go to TWRP main menu, then tap the “Install” choice and pick the Gapps.zip file which you moved to your device before.
- After picking out the .zip file, then enable “Swipe to verify Flash” onto the bottom of the display to start the Gapps.zip setup process. Be patient as this may take a while.
- One of the aforementioned action finishes, hit the “Back” button on screen and then pick “Reboot System”.
You’re succesfully to install Lineage os on Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus! Your device will now reboot with the custom ROM that you flashed. It might take some time to rebuild cache and finish boot since it is the first reboot after the custom flash. Do not panic if it takes a bit longer for the Reboot process to complete.
In case you have any questions while installing the Lineage OS 15.1 or facing some problems while trying to Install Lineage OS 15.1 on Xiaomi Mi 5S Plus, then do tell us in comments below.
Don’t forget to share this guide with other individuals. Stay tuned for more!