As reported by mihran_thalhath, senior member Xda Developer. The first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. For those who are unfamiliar, Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhances the overall user experience.
The beta builds include adjustments and improvements on top of the stock Android CAF base. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features.
After a bit of development hiatus after the release of their Android Oreo builds, Paranoid Android announced their return with the release of Android Pie ROMs. Supported devices for the initial release included the Xiaomi Poco F1, Xiaomi Mi 8, Xiaomi Mi 6, Xiaomi Mi 5 and Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S, with beta releases for the Essential Phone, OnePlus 6, OnePlus 6T and the Moto G5 Plus.
Now, Paranoid Android has announced new features for its beta builds. Beta builds after February 21, 2019 (20190221) will come with these changes to the Paranoid Android experience.
- Battery Styles, introduce different battery designs and options for your choice. Available at Settings → Battery.
- Pocket Mode, introduces a mode that will detect whenever your device is on the pocket and prevent it from waking.
- Introduced Settings reset for PA features under Settings → System → Reset Options.
- Fast Charging indicator (includes OnePlus devices).
- Quick Settings Pull Down with one finger.
- Adjusted statusbar notifications per device.
- Double tap to sleep on keyguard (lockscreen).
- Volume Long Press to Skip Tracks.
- Volume panel on left for devices with left volume buttons.
- Newer and better Screen Zoom levels.
- Navigation bar toggle for devices with hardware keys.
- Hardware buttons light support.
- NFC Tile is now enabled in Quick Settings.
- and much more.
What is Android 9.0 Pie
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Unlock Bootloader Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
In order to set up TWRP and install ROM Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro, then you have to unlock the bootloader. If you’ve already done it, then you can head over straight to the guide below, otherwise, you are able to follow our comprehensive manual to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Devices.
- You Should Have TWRP installed on your own Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- Make certain your device has sufficient charge left onto it so it will not get turned off throughout the process; 50 percent of charge is suggested.
- Make certain to download all of the necessary files in the downloads section below.
- Follow the manual carefully and be certain that you don’t skip any steps. Passing up the steps may leave your device unusable.
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed in your phone. So be sure that you Backup your phone using TWRP before doing this measure using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
Before you go down to the guide Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro, then make sure to fulfill the prerequisites.
How to Install Paranoid Android on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
- First of all, Copy the Paranoid Android and Gapps zip file to internal storage
- Boot your device right into TWRP Recovery.
- Tap on Wipe, then tap again tap on Advanced Wipe.
- Select these options: Dalvik /ART Cache, System, Data, and Cache. Make sure Internal Storage is NOT selected.
- Then Swipe to Wipe
- Go back to TWRP main menu, then tap the Install choice and pick the Paranoid Android zip file which you moved to your device before.
- After picking out the .zip file, then enable Swipe to verify Flash onto the bottom of the display to start the custom ROM setup process. Be patient as this may take a while.
- Now back to TWRP main menu, tap on Install choice and pick the Gapps
- One of the aforementioned action finishes, hit the Back button on screen and then pick Reboot System.
You’re done! Your device have installed Paranoid Android on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro and now will reboot with the custom ROM that you flashed. It might take some time to rebuild cache and finish boot since it is the first reboot after the custom flash. Do not panic if it takes a bit longer for the Reboot process to complete.