Install TWRP and Root Sony Xperia XA2 – Sony Xperia XA2 smartphone was launched in January 2018. The phone includes a 5.20-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 1920 pixels. Sony Xperia XA2 cost in India starts from Rs. 11,691*.
The Sony Xperia XA2 is powered by octa-core chip as it comes with 3GB of RAM. The smartphone packs 32GB of internal storage which can be expanded up to 256GB via a microSD card. As far as the cameras are concerned, the Sony Xperia XA2 packs a 23-megapixel primary camera on the trunk along with a 8-megapixel front shot for selfies.
The Sony Xperia XA2 runs Android 8.0 and can be powered by a 3300mAh non removable battery. It steps 142.00 x 70.00 x 9.70 (height x width x thickness) and weighs only 171.00 grams.
The Sony Xperia XA2 is a double SIM (GSM and GSM) smartphone that takes Nano-SIM and Nano-SIM. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, NFC, USB OTG, FM, 3G and 4G (with support for Band 40 utilized by several LTE networks in India). Sensors on the phone include Compass/ Magnetometer, Proximity detector, Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor and Gyroscope.
In this guide, we show you how you can Install TWRP and Root Sony Xperia XA2, This manipulation should work on all variants of Sony devices, remember that this step will wipe everything off your device, take a Backup of these messages, contacts, photos and all the important files which you don’t want to lose.
If you’d like ROOT your Sony Xperia XA2, Install and use ROOT apps, Install Custom recovery on your Sony Xperia XA2, Change the IP of your device, delete pre-installed apps from the Sony Xperia XA2… In this article, we offer you the easiest method for Sony Xperia XA2.
Warning: This operation entails risks. Neutralday cannot be held accountable for any problems with your Sony mobile if you do not follow the process correctly.
How to Install TWRP and Root Sony Xperia XA2:
Before beginning, it’s necessary to have all the tools available. You may need:
- Recharge your smartphone more than 70 percent
- SDK drivers properly installed on the PC, otherwise, follow the tutorial: The best way to install ADB, Fastboot, and Google USB driver in 15 seconds!!
- Install Sony USB drivers on your computer: Android USB drivers for all Smartphones and Tablets
- Unlock Bootloader of Sony, tutorial: How To Unlock Bootloader of Sony Xperia Smartphones and Tablets
- Get the Latest Edition of Magisk: Magisk-v16.0.zip
- Download the latest version of TWRP Recovery for Sony Xperia XA2: TWRP for Sony Xperia XA2
ENABLE USB DEBUGGING
- Proceed to Settings> About Phone
- Then locate the Build number and press on 8 times on it:
- Return to the previous display. You will see that a line has emerged:”Developers Options”
- Press and check “USB Debugging”
How to Install TWRP Recovery on your Sony Xperia XA2
Step 1 – Restart your Sony Xperia XA2 in Recovery mode:
- Power off your device.
- Press & hold the”Power button + Volume Down” at precisely the same time for a few seconds.
Step 2 – Open the folder where ADB and Fastboot, and Copy the TWRP Recovery file on the ADB folder.
Step 3 – In an empty area, hold down the shift key and right-click with the mouse, the context menu will contain an entry Open command window here.
Step 4 – Then type “Fastboot flash recovery TWRP-3.1.1-1.img” to flash the recovery TWRP.
Step 5 – Then type “Fastboot reboot” to reboot your phone in normal mode.
Step 6 – You can unplug your device after Installed TWRP on your Sony Xperia XA2.
Root Sony Xperia XA2
Step 1 – Copy the UPDATE-Magisk-v16.0.zip files on your internal storage or SD card.
Step 2 – Restart your Sony Xperia XA2in Recovery mode:
- Switch off your Xperia M
- press & hold the”Power button + Volume up” in the same time for a few seconds
Step 3 – flash and Install Magisk:
- First, choose “Install” and then choose “Magisk-v16.0.zip“
- Then press the “return key”
- Last, press “Reboot” to restart the device in normal mode.
Step 4 – Now Download & install the Magisk Manager Apk file: MagiskManager-v5.6.4. apk
Step 5 –Restart your own device.
Step 6 – Now you have successfully rooted your Sony Xperia XA2.
Check Your Root of Sony Xperia XA2
Download Root Checker apk that allows you to check in seconds when your device is rooted or not.
These were all of the steps that you to take in order to root your device. In case you didn’t manage to apply the root, then you should leave a detailed comment at the end of this post and we will try to help you fill out the tutorial.