How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S – Xiaomi Mi MIX 2s smartphone comes with a 5.99-inch full HD+ display with 18:9 aspect ratio. The device powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC paired with a 6GB / 8GB of RAM and 64GB / 128GB / 256GB of internal storage.
The smartphone comes with a dual camera setup at the back – 12-megapixel wide angle and 12-megapixel telephoto lens with AI scene detection and 4-axis OIS. There is also a 5-megapixel front camera with background blur feature. It runs on Android 8.0 Oreo-based MIUI 9 OS.
So, as you can tell, during the traces from under I will show you the way to gain root access in your new Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S.
Gaining root access on the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S is possible thanks to people of xda-developers. We have to thank them. Ensuring origin is tricky but if you follow exactly the guidelines from below you have nothing to be worried about as you will see.
However, I must recommend this manual just for the advanced / experienced Android consumers shortly, if you’re a newbie maybe it’ll be better to start the tweaking process with different operations – a fantastic idea is to begin by learning the basics: booting into recovery mode, which makes a hard reset, clearing app info cache and so on.
Android core system can’t be processes that are official. That’s why the root operation is not supported by your provider or from your OEM. And also that is why if you will choose to restart the instructions from down below you are going to lose your smartphone’s warranty.
This is the major drawback as Though you will have to take back your phone you will have to pay for the additional help or to get the assistance.
On the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S, you can gain root access by using this tutorial if you first Look after some Added things — you’ve Got all it listed and detailed during the next lines:
- First and foremost, make sure that you take a full backup of all the data on your mobile phone. Including everything else, contacts, along with messages which you feel needed. In addition, we have a tutorial which can allow you to backup your data with ease.
- Charge your device if that’s necessarily — if the power that is left is now lower than 50% the best is to plug in the charger first.
- Then enable USB debugging: To do so, go to the device Settings -> About Phone. Then tap the MIUI variant always until “You are a developer!” Message appears on the monitor.
- Additionally, enable OEM Unlocking in Developer Options. For that, go to Settings -> Aditional settings and tap “Developer options“. Scroll down and enable the OEM Unlocking toggle.
- Make Certain to install Android platform-tools on the PC. Here’s a quick guide on how to do it. If you’d prefer a more straightforward strategy, then you can utilize Minimal ADB and Fastboot tool.
Before you go down to the guide and root Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S, then make sure to fulfill the prerequisites.
Unlock Bootloader Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
In order to set up TWRP and root Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite, then you have to unlock the bootloader. If you’ve already done it, then you can head over straight to the guide below, otherwise, you are able to follow our comprehensive manual to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Devices.
- TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S: twrp-3.2.3-0-polaris.img, then rename its to “twrp.img“.
- Latest Magisk Installer Zip: Magisk-v18.1.zip
How to Install TWRP Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
- Open adb fastboot folder in c:/adb
- Copy TWRP file and paste to c:/adb
- Then turn off your phone, then enter to fastboot mode, steps: Press Power + Volume Down (-) at your device, then connect your device to pc via usb cable.
- Next back to c:/adb. Press Shift+Right Click and Select Open Command Window Here.
- Power off Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S, Hold the Volume Down and Power button simultaneously to boot into Fastboot mode.
- Enter the following command to install TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Power off device, to enter twrp mode Press Power button and Volume up at your device.
Now, swipe right (Swipe to Allow Modifications) so that TWRP is installed permanently.
You’ve successfully installed TWRP The only thing left now is to root Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S, that’s the next and final step.
How to Root Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
- In Twrp mode, tap on install.
- Next find the Magisk.zip.
- Swipe to confirm flash, wait until the root process finish.
- After process is done, then choose b.
Set it up like a new device, after it’s rebooted. You should now visit Magisk Manager one of your applications. That’s it. You must now have full root access in your Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S. If you wish to confirm if your device was successfully rooted, download and operate the Root Checker app from the Play Store.
Having TWRP installed, you can flash custom packages/flashable ZIP files onto your phone or utilize it backup/restore the entire OS. On the flip side, root provides you the capacity to conduct root-enabled apps, install and use mods such as ViPER4Android OR Dolby Atmos and much more
You found our step-by-step guide about how and origin Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S useful. In case you confront any issues during the process or have any questions, do feel free to let us know via the comments section below, and we’ll do our very best to give you a hand. Enjoy your rooted Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S!