How to root xiaomi mi 8 – Mi was launched in May 2018. The phone includes a 6.21-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 2248 pixels in a PPI of 402 pixels per inch. Mi 8 price in India starts from Rs. 24,500.
The Mi 8 is powered by octa-core (4×2.8GHz + 4×1.8GHz) processor and it comes with 6GB of RAM. The smartphone packs 64GB of storage. So far as the cameras are concerned, the Mi 8 packs a 12-megapixel (f/1.8, 1.4-micron) principal camera and also a 12-megapixel (f/2.4, 1.0-micron) secondary camera on the rear and a 20-megapixel front shooter for selfies.
Android Oreo runs and can be powered by a 3400mAh. It steps 154.90 x 74.80 x 7.60 (height x width x thickness) and weighs only 175.00 g.
The very best way in which the best results can be obtained by you would be using a system. And since the Xiaomi Mi 8 is one of the best budget-based Android Nougat that I strongly suggest that you to root its internal system in order to unleash its potential.
So, as you can tell, during the traces from under I will show you the way to gain root access in your new Xiaomi Mi 8.
Gaining root access on the Xiaomi Mi 8 Plus is possible thanks to people of xda-developers. We have to thank them. Ensuring origin is tricky but if you follow exactly the guidelines from below you have nothing to be worried about as you will see.
However, I must recommend this manual just for the advanced / experienced Android consumers shortly, if you’re a newbie maybe it’ll be better to start the tweaking process with different operations – a fantastic idea is to begin by learning the basics: booting into recovery mode, which makes a hard reset, clearing app info cache and so on.
Android core system can’t be processes that are official. That’s why the root operation is not supported by your provider or from your OEM. And also that is why if you will choose to restart the instructions from down below you are going to lose your smartphone’s warranty.
This is the major drawback as Though you will have to take back your phone you will have to pay for the additional help or to get the assistance.
On the Xiaomi Mi 8 you can gain root access by using this tutorial if you first Look after some Added things — you’ve Got all it listed and detailed during the next lines:
- First and foremost, make sure that you take a full backup of all the data on your mobile phone. Including everything else, contacts, along with messages which you feel needed. In addition, we have a tutorial which can allow you to backup your data with ease.
- Charge your device if that’s necessarily — if the power that is left is now lower than 50% the best is to plug in the charger first.
- Then enable USB debugging: To do so, go to the device Settings -> About Phone. Then tap the MIUI variant always until “You are a developer!” Message appears on the monitor.
- Additionally, enable OEM Unlocking in Developer Options. For that, go to Settings -> Aditional settings and tap “Developer options“. Scroll down and enable the OEM Unlocking toggle.
- Make Certain to install Android platform-tools on the PC. Here’s a quick guide on how to do it. If you’d prefer a more straightforward strategy, then you can utilize Minimal ADB and Fastboot tool.
Before you go down to the guide and root Xiaomi Mi 8, then make sure to fulfill the prerequisites.
- Latest Magisk Installer zip: Magisk-v18.1.zip (More details and changelog)
- Forced Encryption Disabler: Disable_Dm-Verity_FEC_v1.1.zip
- TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Mi 8:
Unlock Bootloader Xiaomi Mi 8
In order to set up TWRP and root Xiaomi Mi 8, then you have to unlock the bootloader. If you’ve already done it, then you can head over straight to the guide below, otherwise, you are able to follow our comprehensive manual to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Devices.
How to Install Twrp Xiaomi Mi 8
- Download the TWRP recovery image and move it to the C:/adb folder where the ADB/fastboot binaries are present.
- Then power off your Xiaomi Mi 8 completely.
- Hold the Volume Down and Power button simultaneously to boot to Fastboot mode.
- Connect the smartphone to the PC while it’s in Fastboot mode.
- Visit C:/adb on the PC, in which you copied the TWRP image. Then hold the SHIFT key and right-click on an empty space inside the folder.
- Select “Open PowerShell window here“.
- Enter the following command to install TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Mi 8: Fastboot flash recovery twrp-22.214.171.124-dipper.img.
- Then it’s very important to boot into TWRP first until you are able to boot into the OS. Use the following command to boot up the Xiaomi Mi 8 directly: fastboot boot twrp-126.96.36.199-dipper.img.
Your phone should now be in TWRP recovery mode. Go ahead and follow the steps below to root xioami Mi 8 using Magisk.
How to Root Xiaomi Mi 8 – Complete Guide
- On TWRP screen, tap the ‘Keep Read Only‘ button to not let system alterations.
- Go to Wipe -> Format Data. Then type “yes” in the area to confirm wiping of hit Enter and data. This will erase all of the file on the phone.
- Return to the TWRP home screen, tap on “Reboot“, then on “Recovery“.
- Then, download the Forced Encryption Disabler and Magisk Installer zip files.
- Next connect your Mi 8 to the PC using the USB cable.
- In TWRP mode, go to “Mount” and press the “Enable MTP” button.
- Copy the downloaded files to the phone’s internal storage
- Tap on “Install” and then select the “Disable_Dm-Verity_FEC_v1.1.zip” file. Swipe to confirm the installation.
- Currently once encryption is disabled on the phone, you can go ahead and install Magisk to root.
- Return to the TWRP main screen and tap on “Install” again and select the “Magisk-v18.1.zip” file.
- Eventually, swipe to confirm the installation and origin Xiaomi Mi 8.
- When the installation is complete, tap the “Reboot System” button and let the device reboot.
Set it up like a new device, after it’s rebooted. You should now visit Magisk Manager one of your applications. That’s it. You must now have full root access in your Miami Mi 8. If you wish to confirm if your device was successfully rooted, download and operate the Root Checker app from the Play Store.
Having TWRP installed, you can flash custom packages/flashable ZIP files onto your phone or utilize it backup/restore the entire OS. On the flip side, root provides you the capacity to conduct root-enabled apps, install and use mods such as ViPER4Android OR Dolby Atmos and much more
You found our step-by-step guide about how and origin Xiaomi Mi 8 useful. In case you confront any issues during the process or have any questions, do feel free to let us know via the comments section below, and we’ll do our very best to give you a hand. Enjoy your rooted Miami Mi 8!