How to Root Xiaomi Pocophone F1 – Poco F1 smartphone was launched in August 2018. The phone includes a 6.18-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 2246 pixels. Poco F1 cost in India starts from Rs. 19,999.
The Poco F1 is powered by 2.8GHz Oct-core processors and it includes 6GB of RAM. The smartphone packs 64GB of storage that can be expanded up to 256GB via a microSD card.
As far as the cameras are concerned, the Poco F1 packs a 12-megapixel (f/1.9, 1.4-micron) primary camera along with a 5-megapixel (f/2.0, 1.12-micron) secondary camera on the rear along with a 20-megapixel front shooter for selfies.
The Poco F1 runs Android 8.1 and is powered by a 4000mAh. It measures 155.50 x 75.20 x 8.80 (height x width x thickness) and weighs only 182.00 g.
The very best way in which the best results can be obtained by you would be using a system. And since the Xiaomi Pocophone F1 is one of the best budget-based Android Nougat that I strongly suggest that you to root its internal system in order to unleash its potential.
So, as you can tell, during the traces from under I will show you the way to gain root access in your new Xiaomi Pocophone F1.
Gaining root access on the Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Plus is possible thanks to people of xda-developers. We have to thank them. Ensuring origin is tricky but if you follow exactly the guidelines from below you have nothing to be worried about as you will see.
However, I must recommend this manual just for the advanced / experienced Android consumers shortly, if you’re a newbie maybe it’ll be better to start the tweaking process with different operations – a fantastic idea is to begin by learning the basics: booting into recovery mode, which makes a hard reset, clearing app info cache and so on.
Android core system can’t be processes that are official. That’s why the root operation is not supported by your provider or from your OEM.
And also that is why if you will choose to restart the instructions from down below you are going to lose your smartphone’s warranty.
This is the major drawback as Though you will have to take back your phone you will have to pay for the additional help or to get the assistance.
On the Xiaomi Pocophone F1 you can gain root access by using this tutorial if you first Look after some Added things — you’ve Got all it listed and detailed during the next lines:
- First and foremost, make sure that you take a full backup of all the data on your mobile phone. Including everything else, contacts, along with messages which you feel needed. In addition, we have a tutorial which can allow you to backup your data with ease.
- Charge your device if that’s necessarily — if the power that is left is now lower than 50% the best is to plug in the charger first.
- Then enable USB debugging: To do so, go to the device Settings -> About Phone. Then tap the MIUI variant always until “You are a developer!” Message appears on the monitor.
- Additionally, enable OEM Unlocking in Developer Options. For that, go to Settings -> Aditional settings and tap “Developer options“. Scroll down and enable the OEM Unlocking toggle.
- Make Certain to install Android platform-tools on the PC. Here’s a quick guide on how to do it. If you’d prefer a more straightforward strategy, then you can utilize Minimal ADB and Fastboot tool.
Before you go down to the guide and root Xiaomi Pocophone F1, then make sure to fulfill the prerequisites.
Unlock Bootloader Xiaomi Pocophone F1
In order to set up TWRP and root Xiaomi Pocophone F1, then you have to unlock the bootloader. If you’ve already done it, then you can head over straight to the guide below, otherwise, you are able to follow our comprehensive manual to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Devices.
- Download latest Magisk Installer zip:
- Download TWRP Xiaomi Pocophone F1, then rename its to “twrp.img“.
- Download no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0.zip, then remove to your SD card.
How to Install TWRP Xiaomi Pocophone F1 via ADB Fastboot
- Open adb fastboot folder in c:/adb
- Copy TWRP file and paste to c:/adb
- Then turn off your phone, then enter to fastboot mode, steps: Press Power + Volume Down (-) at your device, then connect your device to pc via usb cable.
- Next back to c:/adb. Press Shift+Right Click and Select Open Command Window Here.
- Enter the following Command: fastboot devices in cmd, to show serial number of your device, if you have displayed the serial number, it means that your mobile is well connected to the computer.
- Enter the following Command: fasboot flash recovery twrp.img and hit enter, this command for starting flashing TWRP Xiaomi Pocophone F1, then wait until show Okay.
- Power off device, to enter twrp mode Press Power + Volume Down (+) at your device.
- Now, swipe right (Swipe to Allow Modifications) so that TWRP is installed permanently.
Next you have to install no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0.zip, this is to prevent your smartphone from being bootloop, Because on certain devices.
The MIUI ROM will prevent the smartphone from entering the homescreen by boot verification if system modifications have been made. The no-verify function here is to eliminate verification so that it doesn’t bootloop.
Follow this steps:
- Reboot your device to twrp mode.
- Choose Install, then click on no-verity.zip which you have move to the sd card.
You’ve successfully installed TWRP; The only thing left now is to root Xiaomi Pocophone F1 that’s the next and final step.
How to Root Xiaomi Pocophone F1
- In Twrp mode, click install.
- Next find the Magisk.zip.
- Swipe to confirm flash, wait until the root process finish.
- After process is done, then choose Reboot system.
Set it up like a new device, after it’s rebooted. You should now visit Magisk Manager one of your applications. That’s it. You must now have full root access in your Xiaomi Pocophone F1.
If you wish to confirm if your device was successfully rooted, download and operate the Root Checker app from the Play Store.
Having TWRP installed, you can flash custom packages/flashable ZIP files onto your phone or utilize it backup/restore the entire OS.
On the flip side, root provides you the capacity to conduct root-enabled apps, install and use mods such as ViPER4Android OR Dolby Atmos and much more
You found our step-by-step guide about how and origin Xiaomi Pocophone F1 useful. In case you confront any issues during the process or have any questions, do feel free to let us know via the comments section below, and we’ll do our very best to give you a hand. Enjoy your rooted Xiaomi Pocophone F1!
- Install Lineage OS 16 on Pocophone F1 – Android 9.0 Pie
- How to Install MIUI 188.8.131.52 on Pocophone F1
- How to Install Pixel Experience Official [AOSP/CAF] on Xiaomi Pocophone F1
- How to Install ResurrectionRemix V7 Official on Xiaomi Pocophone F1
- How to Install ViperOS on Xiaomi Pocophone F1
- Pocophone F1 Review : Prices don’t Match Specifications and Performance