Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi – Want to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Devices? Here is a simple guide that will assist you Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Devices for now.
Xiaomi, like every Android OEM, provides locked bootloader on most of its devices in order to protect users data and to maintain the device integrity. However, in the event if you have a valid reason for Unlocking Bootloader then you can easily do it using the method provided by the manufacturer. For this, you’ll need to follow some instructions offered in this guide.
The constraints determined by the manufacturer will be lifted by unlocking bootloader in your own Android. You will then be able to route your device and install customized ROMs of your choice. However, there’s one thing you should note down. If you unlock bootloader on Miami or some other OEM device for that matter, the warranty will be voided by you.
A procedure that is fairly unique is followed by bootloader on Xiaomi. You will literally need to request for unlocking permission from Mi And therefore you need to provide a rationale that is good. The manufacturer says that copying motives will be rejected. Be ready to justify it.
This guide is split into two components – the initial one guides you how to derive the vital unlock permissions out of Mi and the second one explains how to unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Devices utilizing official Mi Flash Unlock Tool.
It’s necessary that you take a complete backup of your Xiaomi smartphone. The process to unlock bootloader wipes the device including storage. Be prepared pre-hand. Additionally, make sure your smartphone is charged to battery degree, to prevent any hiccups through the process.
You must enable “OEM unlocking” option in Settings -> Additional settings -> Developer options
Your device is now ready!
Apply for Bootloader Unlocking Permission
- First of all, start the Mi Unlock page on your PC: Link
- Now you Want to request for the Bootloader Unlocking Permission using your Mi account.
- So, click on the “Unlock Now” button.
- On another screen, you will be prompted to log in with your Mi account. Or you can log in with your FB account. If you don’t have an account, you can make in the present time on directly.
- Now, fill the form with all the details, including your name, phone number, and an absolutely legitimate reason on why you’d love to Unlock Bootloader onto Xiaomi phone.
- Verify to the disclaimer checkbox and hit the “Apply Now” button.
- Enter the verification code which you received on your own device on which Mi account is configured.
- Now, wait until your petition gets approved.
This procedure takes approximately 2-10 working days. With the download link for Mi Unlock Tool, you will receive a message on your phone after approval that is successful. Now, follow the Upcoming Actions to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi.
Unlock Bootloader Using Mi Flash Unlock Tool
Once, your Mi account has permission to Unlock Bootloader in Your Xiaomi Device, you can proceed to the following guides.
- Download Mi Flash Unlock Tool on your PC using the link that was delivered to you.
- Extract the downloaded application zip file and run the MiFlashUnlock.exe.
- After the Mi Flash Unlock program runs, you will have to take the Disclaimer displayed on the monitor. This should be the exact same account you used to request unlock permissions.
- Next log in with your Mi account in the software window. This should be the same account you used previously to request unlock permissions.
- Now, it will detect for Bootloader permission.
- Now power off your Xiaomi phone and boot into Fastboot mode by holding volume down + electricity buttons simultaneously.
- Connect your Xiaomi device using USB cable. Ensure USB Debugging Mode is enabled and you have ADB access.
- Once the unit is linked, Mi Flash Tool will detect it.
- Eventually, click on the “Unlock” button to unlock bootloader on Xiaomi.
- This will take around 2-3 minutes to complete. Click on reboot device, When the process is finished.
Your Xiaomi device has an Unlocked bootloader. You can install Custom ROMs, recoveries and root on your Xiaomi device for control. Feel free to comment below, if you have any issue regarding Unlocking Bootloader afterward, feel free to comment below.