Unlock Bootloader on Google Pixel 3, Google Pixel devices are downright the cleanest and quickest when it comes to the software. They’ve no pre-installed apps or features which we are going to try/use just once and forget. Another big advantage of having a Google Pixel phone is how easy it’s to modify the software to gain additional features or use root-enabled apps. Thanks to the brilliant developer community, now you can install a custom recovery (TWRP) on your Pixel 3 and then root it using Magisk.
What is Bootloader
The bootloader is a safety system that prevents all kinds of changes on the system of an Android mobile if you try to install the ROOT, a custom recovery or a custom ROM on an Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 you must Unlock Bootloader. But if you Unlock Bootloader of Asus the guarantee on your device will be uninstalled even after the BootLoader was re-locked, along with also the Official updates will be disabled after rooting the BootLoader, so you cannot upgrade your phone via OTA anymore.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Google Pixel 3
- Unlock bootloader will erase all the data stored on your Google Pixel 3 including the internal storage. If you have any data on the phone that’s important, make sure to Backup your data.
- Make Certain to install Android platform-tools on the PC. Here’s a quick guide on how to do it. If you’d prefer a more straightforward strategy, then you can utilize Minimal ADB and Fastboot tool.
- Enable OEM Unlocking, follow the simple steps listed below :
– Go to Setting, System on your phone.
– Tap on About phone.
– Scroll down until you see the Build Number section.
– Tap 7 times on Build Number rapidly to enable Developer Options.
– Enter the lockscreen Password/PIN when prompted.
– You should now see a toast notification on the screen, saying – You are now a developer!.
– Now, go back to the System menu and tap on ‘Developer options.
– Scroll down and find the OEM Unlocking toggle.
– Enable OEM Unlocking on Google Pixel 3
– Simply turn ON the toggle and when prompted, press Enable to confirm.
- Boot your Pixel 3 into Bootloader Mode, power off your Pixel 3 and then while holding the Volume Down button, press the Power button. Keep holding the buttons until you see the Bootloader screen. Now while your device is in bootloader mode, connect it to the PC using the USB cable.
- Open adb fastboot folder in c:/adb, Press Shift+Right Click and Select Open Command Window Here
- Enter the following command to Unlock Bootloader on Google Pixel 3 :
- Next, issue the following command to initiate the bootloader unlocking process:
.\fastboot flashing unlock
- Press either of the Volume buttons until ‘Unlock the bootloader’ message appears.
- Finally, press the Power button to unlock bootloader on Google Pixel 3
Once the bootloader unlocking process finished (It wouldn’t take more than a few seconds), the phone will boot back into the Bootloader mode. Simply press the Power button to boot your phone into the OS.
You found our step-by-step guide about how and origin Google Pixel 3 useful. In case you confront any issues during the process or have any questions, do feel free to let us know via the comments section below, and we’ll do our very best to give you a hand. Enjoy your Unloc Bootloader Google Pixel 3!